A tablet pc is a touch screen featured device provided with a stylus, which has all the functions of a laptop. Tablet PC allows you to use applications, browse the web, play multimedia files, store and read eBooks. It is as portable as a phone. Mini Tablet PCs with Touch Screen can provide solutions to the drawbacks faced with PCs and laptops. A mini tablet PC holds several advantages compared to a laptop.
- A Tablet PC does not need a response for its input as it uses the concept of capacitive contact technology, which senses the movement of fingers on the screen. This reduces additional pressure put on the system.
- Multi touch feature, which enables the tablet PC to sense multiple touches from the finger or the stylus simultaneously for enhanced features.
- A Tablet PC has palm recognition, which enables it to refuse input from accidental contact.
Let us have a look at some of the best mini tablet PCs in 2011:
The iPad has a very user-interactive platform, which is similar to the ones found in the iPhone and the iPod. Its widescreen display is suitable for gaming, browsing and movie watching.
The Apple iPad mini pc tablet boasts of the following features:
- It has a 16 GB flash drive and functions with a 1 GHz custom designed Apple A4 SOC (System On Chip) and weighs 1.5 pounds.
- It has a glossy widescreen display with 1024X768 pixel resolution with a pixel density of 132 (ppi) pixels per inch. Diagonally, the screen measures 9.7 inches and is LED- backlit with multi-touch and In-Plane switching technology (IPS).
- It is Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) & Bluetooth 2.1 enabled and comes with Extended Data Rate (EDR) technology.
- It also comes with an iPad Dock Connector, USB Cable and a 10W USB Power Adaptor.
Apple has released an updated version of the iPad and the successor is called – iPad 2. It has the newer and faster A5 processor, 2 cameras, and is much thinner and ligther than the iPad. Detailed review of iPad 2 can be found here.
Although Apple started the Tablet PC trend with its iPad device a lot of other manufacturers are also coming out with models that aim to compete against the iPad’s dominance. Motorola is one such manufacturer that has come up with its own tablet that aims to give consumers an alternative to the iPad. The Motorola XOOM is a 10.1 inch tablet that uses Google’s Android 3.0 Honeycomb platform to operate.
In terms of hardware specifications the Motorola XOOM is pretty impressive. It uses a powerful 1 GHz dual core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor which makes sure that everything operates smoothly. The 1 GB RAM(DDR2) used by this model means that you can multitask between several apps at once with ease. You are provided with 32 GB of internal storage which you can use to install various apps or save your multimedia content. If the internal storage capacity is not enough then you can use the microSD slot to expand this up to 32 GB more (this feature requires a software upgrade since it isn’t activated out of the box).
Motorola has even future proofed this device by making it easy to do a hardware upgrade. There is an LTE SIM slot which you can use to connect to a 4G network such as Verizon. This provides you with up to ten times the speed of a 3G network. You will also be able to connect to the Internet via a hotspot using Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n. Browsing the Internet will definitely be a great experience since this model supports Adobe Flash unlike the iPad.
The multimedia features of the Motorola XOOM are even more impressive. It has a 5 megapixel rear facing auto focus camera that has a dual LED flash and is capable of recording HD 720p videos. It also has a front facing 2 megapixel camera which you can use to make video calls. For the latest price check here.